eCoast is a New Zealand-based marine and freshwater consultancy providing expert technical and advisory services to both public and private sector clients in NZ, australasia, the pacific and around the world.
eCoast’s consultants have a wide range of oceanography expertise and experience in both physical and biological processes, with core areas of high-level expertise.
- COMPLEX NUMERICAL MODELLING of coastal processes and impacts of activities – dispersion (effluent, oil, hyper-saline plumes, chemicals, pollutants, and others), sediment transport, waves, coastal structures, impacts on mangroves/seagrass and a range of other parameters in 2D and 3D.
- BEACH PROTECTION STRATEGIES – development of holistic adaptive management plans for existing conditions and sea level rise resilience and adaptation, including hybrid-solutions combining the most compatible physical and biological solutions for each specific site.
- TSUNAMI MODELLING – development of source, propagation and inundation assessments.
- FIELD DATA COLLECTION – experience and capacity to collect data pertaining to waves, currents, salinity, bathymetry, sediment suspension, and the whole range of additional parameters.
- MONITORING AND BIO-STATISTICS – design and capacity for monitoring of biological and physical processes and impacts due to coastal developments.
- SURF SCIENCE – classification of surfbreak quality, surfbreak mechanics and the impact of coastal activities.
- EXPERT WITNESSES – providing experience and evidence in physical and biological processes for legal cases.
RECENT AND LANDMARK PROJECTS
"Innate knowledge of the coast and surf zone. "−
"Bridging the gap between physical process and marine ecological impacts. "−
"Providing technical specialist advice on marine community diversity and functionality. "−
"Holistic approach considering catchment to coast. "−
"Multipurpose reef design and development. "−
"Evaluations of surfing wave quality, practised experts in surf break protection and leaders in surf science. "−
Recent Posts / View All Posts
We are looking for individuals to undertake internship positions at the eCoast office in Raglan, New Zealand. Applicants should have a background in either environmental science, computer science, physical science or…
Dr Tim Haggitt inspects a bleached coral reef in far northeast Fiji. The island of Maqai was hit by tropical cyclone Tomas in 2010. The result was widespread devastation both…
As part of an ongoing project to understand sand movement in and around Whangamata, eCoast were asked to deploy multiple oceanographic instruments and collect bathymetric data over the course of…