Jai Davies-Campbell is a passionate environmental scientist with a keen interest in coastal oceanography, freshwater and marine ecology, and restoration. A life spent in and around the ocean has given Jai a unique understanding of the connection between the physical and biological aspects of the marine environment. With a background in environmental, earth and ocean sciences and a stint in engineering geology, Jai’s skills have set him up well for coastal erosion assessments and geotechnical management.
In collaboration with eCoast, Jai completed his master’s degree at the University of Waikato. His research focussed on the sandbar morphology and surfing conditions at Aramoana and Whareakeake beaches on the north coast of the Otago Peninsula.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- MSc (Hons) in Earth Sciences, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- BSc majoring in Environmental Science, specialising in Marine Sciences, University of Waikato, New Zealand.
- New Zealand Coastal Society (IPENZ)
- Environmental Scientist – 2018 to present
- Engineering Geologist – 3 years
- Project Assistant – 1 year
To view Jai’s full CV click here.